RSS feeds allow Web site content to be gathered via feed reader software. Click the subscribe link to obtain the feed URL for this page. The feed will update when new content appears on this page.

Orange County Superior Court

A collection of news and information related to Orange County Superior Court published by this site and its partners.

Top Orange County Superior Court Articles

Displaying items 73-84
  • Residents sue to block Upper Newport Bay project

    Two residents have sued Newport Beach in hopes of blocking a residential, commercial and marine development proposed for a section of the Upper Newport Bay. Bert Ohlig and Susan Skinner, who make up the Stop the Dunes Hotel group, sued the city, council...
  • Mechanic convicted on rape charges

    An Orange County Superior Court jury convicted a man Thursday of sexually assaulting two women in Newport Beach and Irvine, authorities said. Travis Dewayne Batten, 31, was found guilty of two felony counts of forcible rape, one felony count each of...
  • Hearing set over trees

    Hearing set over trees
    To save some trees near her home, a longtime Costa Mesa resident is taking the city to court. Earlier this month, Kimberly DeBroux, 59, filed paperwork in Orange County Superior Court that has effectively halted, for the time being, the removal of seven...
  • Police suspicions lead them to burglary suspect

    Police suspicions lead them to burglary suspect
    Costa Mesa police officers hopped fences and ran through backyards last week in Mesa Verde to chase down a serial burglar, but this was no accidental nabbing of a suspect. Police arrested Marc Christopher Marchetti — who just days earlier had been...
  • Man gets 107 years for sexual assault on two women in their homes

    An Orange County Superior Court judge Friday sentenced an Irvine mechanic to 107 years in prison for breaking into the homes of two women and sexually assaulting them. Judge Sheila Hanson called Travis Dewayne Batten, 32, a dangerous man who needed to...
  • D.A. changes charges in JWA assault case

    Prosecutors this week changed the charges against a Newport Beach woman who had been accused of ramming an Orange County sheriff's deputy with her car at John Wayne Airport in July. Rebecca Lee McLaughlin, 49, now faces an attempted murder charge...
  • District official says cheating scandal mishandled

    District official says cheating scandal mishandled
    In an internal email that quickly went public, a top Newport-Mesa Unified School District official accused school and district administrators of mishandling the cheating scandal at Corona del Mar High. Jane Garland, who is in charge of discipline for...
  • Phone scam linked to jury duty

    Costa Mesa police this week have been fielding reports of a phone scam that threatens its victims with arrest for missing jury duty. The scheme targets residents who have recently received jury duty summonses but were not required to report to the...
  • Police: Would-be bank robber demands money in teller's hand

    A Huntington Beach man was arrested last weekend in connection with the attempted robbery of a Wells Fargo Bank branch in Newport Beach. Nathan Charles Taylor, 35, entered the bank, in the 2700 block of West Coast Highway, just after 10 a.m. Saturday,...
  • Two-pronged Banning Ranch approach

    The Newport Beach City Council has opened a second front in the legal fight over the Newport Banning Ranch development. Council members agreed in closed session Tuesday to appeal an Orange County Superior Court order related to their earlier decision to...
  • Man accused of killing doctor will go to trial

    Man accused of killing doctor will go to trial
    An accused murderer told a nurse, "Call the police, I'm insane, call the police," moments after he shot a Newport Beach doctor multiple times in the chest early last year, a police detective testified Wednesday. Stanwood Elkus, 76, used a fake name to...
  • Accused sign vandal is found not guilty

    Accused sign vandal is found not guilty
    An Orange County jury on Friday acquitted a former Costa Mesa city employee of vandalizing a $5 campaign sign during the contentious 2012 city election. Prosecutors were unable to convince the 12-member panel that Steven Charles White, 40, was the one...