dailypilot.com/news/tn-dpt-0221-state-fire-20130220,0,3835456.story

Daily Pilot

Officials: Candle starts house fire

9:22 PM PST, February 20, 2013

Advertisement

A burning candle in a bedroom sparked a house fire Wednesday morning, officials said.

Firefighters responded about 3 a.m. to a single-story home in the 2200 block of State Street and contained the blaze to the bedroom where it originated, according to an announcement from the city of Costa Mesa.

Firefighters found the home's resident in the backyard, according to the announcement.

The estimated damages were about $10,000 to the home's structure and $10,000 for its contents.

No one was injured, city spokesman Bill Lobdell said.

—Lauren Williams

Twitter: @lawilliams30